Homework is an important component of the learning process. Parent/school partnership is vital to ensure students’ success in school.
The following guidelines will assist you in maximizing the benefits of home assignments:
- Provide a quiet work place free of distraction.
- Provide the necessary materials to enable your child to complete the assignments.
- Students will usually be able to complete the assignment independently. However, parents should periodically monitor their child’s progress.
- If your child is experiencing difficulty with homework, please contact your child’s teacher.
- Students will be given minimal homework in kindergarten.
- Students’ written homework should not exceed 10 minutes.
- Children should read or be read to for 10 minutes each night.